Identification of important tools/equipment/ machines and chemicals required for PHT laboratory
1. Ladders:- It is used for harvesting fruits and also for shaping the large standard trees.
2. Hydrometer:- It is used for measuring the strength of sugar syrup as well as brine.
3. Cutting Knife:- Used for cutting fruits and vegetables.
4. Peeling Knife:- Used for removing outer covering of fruits and vegetables.
5. Coring Knife:- Some fruits have hardcore inside them which is known as core e.g. apple, pear, etc. The core of the fruit is removing by a coring knife.
6. Pitting knife:- Removal of a stone from the fruit is termed pitting and it is practiced using a pitting knife.
7. Can Sealer:- It is used for sealing of can.
8. Can Opener:- It is used the opening the sealed can.
9. Dehydrator:- It is used for removing moisture from a particular product.
10 Crown Corking Machine:- It is used for sealing bottles and containing beverages.
11. Hand Rotary Sieve:- It is used for obtaining homogenized pulp of cooked fruits/ vegetables.
12. Forking Machine:- Used for forking fruits/vegetables needed for preservation preparation.
13. Jelly Thermometer:- It is used for measuring the temperature of cooking jelly.
14. Hand Refractometer:- It is used for measuring the sugar content of the produce.
15. Basket Press:- It is used for extracting juice from fruit pulp. Fruit juices except that of citrus are extracting basket press.
16. Screw Type Juice Extractor:- This is used for extracting juice from citrus.
17. Lime Juice Squeezer:- It is used for obtaining juice from individual fruits of lime.
18. Lime Juice Extractor:- It is used for extracting juice from lime commercially.
19. Mango Harvester:- It consists of two blades, a net basket, and a long handle. The blade is spring-operated. The harvested mango is collected in the net basket. Due to the long handle, the fruit is harvested easily.
20. Jelmeter:- It is used for measuring pectin contain fruit extract.