B.N. – Citrus limettioides
Origin – India
Ch. No. – 18
Fruit type- Hesperidium
Inflorescence type – Cymose (Solitary)
Edible part – Juicy Placental Hairs.
Watch Lecture Video
- Sweet Lime contains non-acidic juice
- It is resistant to greening
- Sweet Lime is self-incompatible
- Grown in Punjab, Tamil Nadu, and Assam
- Sweet Lime bear two types of flowers staminate and hermaphrodite on the same tree.
- Mitha Chikna
Commercially Hardwood stems cutting.
- Harvesting is done from August to October in North India.
- September to November in Assam.
100 – 150 quintals / ha.
- Commercial Fruits. By S. P. Singh
- A text book on Pomology, Vol,1. by T. K. Chattapadhya
- Tropical Horticulture, Vol.1, by T. K. Bose, S. K. Mitra, A. A. Farooqui and M. K. Sadhu