B.N. – Citrus limettioides
Origin – India
Ch. No. – 18
Fruit type- Hesperidium
Inflorescence type – Cymose (Solitary)
Edible part – Juicy Placental Hairs.
Watch Lecture Video
- Sweet lime contains non-acidic juice.
- It is resistant to greening
- Self-incompatibility is found in sweet lime.
- Grown in Punjab, Tamil Nadu, and Assam
- In sweet lime, two types of flowers, staminate and hermaphrodite are found on the same tree.
- Mitha Chikna
- Commercially propagated by hardwood cuttings.
- In North India, harvesting is done from August to October.
- September to November in Assam.
- 100-150 q/ha.
- Commercial Fruits. By S. P. Singh
- A text book on Pomology, Vol,1. by T. K. Chattapadhya
- Tropical Horticulture, Vol.1, by T. K. Bose, S. K. Mitra, A. A. Farooqui and M. K. Sadhu